I am so sorry that I haven't posted in months. I have been EXTREMELY busy with being a SAHM to an active little 17-month old boy, my lil at home business, and just life in general. I am not promising I will be able to post as often anymore, but I will try to post as much as I can. Which brings me to this post. This past weekend, my mom & I threw a lil Halloween party for a few friends, and played some games. So, I will be posting this week some of the recipes we used. I am also going to start posting on my new crafting blog For A Rainy Day. Of course, same goes for that blog, I'll only be able to post when I have free time, which is few and far between these days, but I don't want to get rid of either blog. Anyways, I hope you enjoy these Halloween-ish recipes!
So, for the recipe, I have seen these cute lil "Mummy Dogs" on a few sites, and thought they would be too cute and super easy for our Halloween get-together. Most of the recipes I saw for this, they used the whole hot dog, but we cut them in half for bite-sized versions then served them along with bowls of ketchup and mustard. A little tip from me, most of the recipes I saw used a toothpick to put mustard on them for the eyes. Well, I put a tiny bit of mustard in a zip bag, snipped a TINY hole in the corner, and piped the eyes on. So much easier! Enjoy!
- 1 package of 8 hot dogs in your favorite brand
- 1 package of 8 refrigerated crescent rolls
- Mustard, for mummy eyes
1. Preheat oven according to package directions (I think it was 350 for ours.), and grease, or spray with a nonstick spray, a cookie sheet.
2. Cut hot dogs in half, if desired.
3. Take crescent dough out of package and unroll. Cut the crescents into small strips.
4. Wrap the small strips around each hot dogs to look like mummy strips. Make sure the keep a little opening for the mummy's eyes.
5. Bake according to package directions. Ours said 9-13 minutes, and we baked them for 10.
6. Serve with ketchup and mustard, and enjoy!
Yes, it's that simple!