- 1 pound ground beef
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion - I used a regular yellow onion.
- ½ chopped bell pepper - I used green.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoons prepared mustard
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix all meatloaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf. (I just used a well greased loaf pan, but, just a warning, A LOT of grease comes out of the meatloaf so don't be alarmed.)
3. Mix ingredients for topping, and spread on top of loaf.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until done.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe Source: Paula Deen via FoodNetwork.com