- 2 cups moist-style yellow cake mix (about ½ of an 18.25-ounce box)
- 1½ eight-ounce cans crushed pineapple in juice (NOT drained)
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 4 ounces canned crushed pineapple in juice (drained)
- 1 Jell-O Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Snack
- 1½ tablespoons fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 no-calorie sweetener packet - I used Splenda.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all frosting ingredients and mix until well blended. Refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to be frosted.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with undrained pineapple. Add coconut extract and mix until thoroughly blended.
4. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute cake mixture among cups.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
6. Allow cupcakes to cool completely, then evenly distribute frosting over the tops. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 12 servings.
PER SERVING (1 frosted cupcake): 115 calories, 1.75g fat, 171mg sodium, 23g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 13.5g sugars, 1g protein
An average 8-ounce piña colada packs in about 350 calories and over 10 grams of fat. Quadruple that if you down one of those ginormous restaurant versions. Have one of these cupcakes instead.