Thursday, August 19, 2010

Banana Cupcakes with PB Frosting

Yet another recipe from Hungry Girl. I can't wait to make every recipe in every book! Haha! I wish! I loved how creamy and airy this frosting was. Reminded me of peanut butter butter cream a little. Yes, I know my cupcakes look a little...well....flat....BUT! So does Hungry Girl's! Don't believe me? Here is what  hers looks like:
I hope you try them. Enjoy!


INGREDIENTS
For cupcakes:
- 2 cups moist-style yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines.)
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup Gerber bananas (or another brand of pureed bananas in the baby foods aisle)
½ teaspoon baking powder


For Frosting:
¾ cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
¼ cup reduced-fat peanut butter, room temperature


Optional Topping:
- 12 slices banana


DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and Cool Whip, stirring until mixed well. Refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to be frosted. (I didn't refrigerate because the cupcakes don't take that long, and after the frosting is refrigerated, it's harder to frost the cupcakes.)
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with baking powder (don't forget this! (= ) and 1 cup water until mixed well. Add pureed bananas and stir thoroughly. Mix in mashed banana.
4. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute cake mixture among the cups.
5. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
6. Once cupcakes have cooled completely, spread frosting evenly over the cupcake tops. Top each cupcake with a slice of banana, if you like. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 12 servings.


PER SERVING (1 frosted cupcake): 143 calories, 3.75g fat, 193mg sodium, 25g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 13g sugars, 2g protein
Recipe Source: Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 by Lisa Lillien


1 comment:

  1. My two favorites together at last. PB and cupcakes! Great job on the yummy goodness! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete