I hope you try them. Enjoy!
- 2 cups moist-style yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines.)
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup Gerber bananas (or another brand of pureed bananas in the baby foods aisle)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
- ¼ cup reduced-fat peanut butter, room temperature
- 12 slices banana
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and Cool Whip, stirring until mixed well. Refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to be frosted. (I didn't refrigerate because the cupcakes don't take that long, and after the frosting is refrigerated, it's harder to frost the cupcakes.)
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with baking powder (don't forget this! (= ) and 1 cup water until mixed well. Add pureed bananas and stir thoroughly. Mix in mashed banana.
4. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute cake mixture among the cups.
5. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
6. Once cupcakes have cooled completely, spread frosting evenly over the cupcake tops. Top each cupcake with a slice of banana, if you like. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 12 servings.
PER SERVING (1 frosted cupcake): 143 calories, 3.75g fat, 193mg sodium, 25g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 13g sugars, 2g protein
Recipe Source: Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 by Lisa Lillien