Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Guacamole

Mexican food has to be one of my favorites. I mean, who doesn't love Mexican food?? Though, I never really like guacamole much...until about a couple years ago. My husband's dad & his wife invited us over to her parents' house for dinner one night. Her parents' friends showed up, and the man had this huge bowl of guacamole. I asked him why such a big bowl for only a few people. He said it would be gone by the end of the night. I challenged him. He told me to just try it. I was hesitant at first because I've had some really horrible guacamoles. So, I did, and let me tell you, I LOVE it now. So, I decided to try my hand at it. This recipe I've made my own, and so far is my favorite. I love it because you can tweak it any way to your liking. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. My favorite way to eat it is the traditional tortilla-chip-way! (Sorry again for the less than great picture. This was taken the same night as the Strawberry Cream Trifle.) Enjoy!


INGREDIENTS
- 3 ripe Haas avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
½ cup cilantro, chopped
½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper


DIRECTIONS
1. Slice avocados in half; remove pits. Scoop out flesh, and roughly mash in a medium bowl with lime juice.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.


1 comment:

  1. I love guacamole as much as the next guy but this one looks different in the way that I am craving this right now to put on my taco. The colors of the avocados are vibrant and just appealing to my tastebuds. Another great job on your part. You truly are a great cook! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete