Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies





This was one of those recipes that I save for our Family & Friends Game Night. Mainly because I want to try out the recipe, but I don't want to have it sitting in my house just for me to eat. I'm not a huge mint chocolate fan. The only thing I really love that's minty and chocolaty are those cute little mints you get after you eat your big meal at some famous Italian restaurant .:wink wink:. or when you go to a fancy hotel and they leave them on your pillow. But, when I saw this recipe had THOSE famous mints, I knew I had to try these. A couple things I learned from making this recipe: Try as I may, I could not get one single batch to come out without the brown edge on every single cookie. I tried different times and different temperatures. So, I'll just have to live with it. Also, these are best served warm...not room temp, with a cold glass of milk. I'm telling you. Mmmm... I will now go and eat another one of these yummy, minty, chocolaty cookies while y'all read the recipe. Enjoy! 


INGREDIENTS
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
½ cup butter or margarine, softened - I used margarine...could this have been my mistake?? 
¼ to ½ tsp mint extract
6 to 8 drops green food color - I used 8, and that still didn't look like enough. 
1 egg
1 cup creme de menthe baking chips - I used these.
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks - I used chocolate chips because I had them on hand.


DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color, and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
2. Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.


Source: Betty Crocker


Linked up to: 




Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I wish I would have tried one of these. It's been on my Christmas basket list and didn't get a chance to make them. They looked and smelled wonderful tho. Maybe I'll get a chance to try them the next time. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have tried one! They are way better warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly...i've never seen these before. i have to bake gf and I bet the mint would kill the taste of the weird flours!

    Pretty please link up to my winter blues link party "Indulge Your Sweet Tooth"

    http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2011/02/beat-winter-blues-indulge-your-sweet.html

    ReplyDelete