Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No-Bake Chocolate Cookies


This recipe has been in my family for a long time. It was passed down to me through my father from his mom. I see it everywhere made different ways, but this is how I've always made it, and I love it. Of course, you could add more oats if you like. But, I love them just the way they are. The only thing I don't like about it is when I crave them on hot, humid days. No point in making them because they won't set in high humidity. So....I live it up in the winter! I would love to make them once a week...haha! So, if you're looking for something to put together quick for last-minute company, or you're just craving chocolate or something sweet without having to bake...this recipe is for you! Enjoy! 

INGREDIENTS
1 stick margarine
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk - I use whole.
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups quick oatmeal (not instant)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter


DIRECTIONS
In a medium-sized saucepan, boil margarine, cocoa powder, milk, and sugar on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add oatmeal, vanilla, and peanut butter; stir well to combine. Drop by teaspoonfuls on waxed paper to harden. 


Recipe Source: my grandmother

5 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful. The cookies are super yummy. I know because I've had the PLEASURE of tasting them. :)
    I remember when I made them and you enjoyed them as well. BUT, you've put something extra in them (like more love or skill) because yours are WAY better :) Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cookies, it brings back so many memories for my childhood.
    My family called them {DooDoo Balls}though.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! I LOVE LOVE making them, but usually only get to make them in the winter due to the crazy humidity where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy! I love to make these and leave 'em in the freezer until ready to eat... I like to make PB and butterscotch versions too!

    ReplyDelete