Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ashley's Salsa

(Updated: 9-6-12 It's safe to say I needed a better picture of this yummy stuff. So, because I make it all the time, I took some last time I put it together.) 


I came up with this recipe on New Year's Eve. I was going to make a certain salsa recipe. I thought I had everything for it, but, in fact, I didn't. So, what did I do? I used what I had, and came up with this one. I think it was actually pretty darn good.

INGREDIENTS
• 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
• ½ small red onion, chopped
• 1 cup corn kernels, fresh, frozen (thawed), or canned (drained)
• 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
• ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
• ½ tsp minced garlic
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
• ¼ tsp salt
• Black pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS
Mix all ingredients together and serve with choice of chips.

Makes about 3 cups.

1 comment:

  1. The taste of this salsa was refreshing. I like all the ingredients inside so for me it was an explosion of flavors in my mouth. It was truly something yummy! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete