(Updated: 9-6-12 It's safe to say I needed a better picture of this yummy stuff. So, because I make it all the time, I took some last time I put it together.)
I came up with this recipe on New Year's Eve. I was going to make a certain salsa recipe. I thought I had everything for it, but, in fact, I didn't. So, what did I do? I used what I had, and came up with this one. I think it was actually pretty darn good.
• 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
• ½ small red onion, chopped
• 1 cup corn kernels, fresh, frozen (thawed), or canned (drained)
• 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
• ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
• ½ tsp minced garlic
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
• ¼ tsp salt
• Black pepper, to taste
Mix all ingredients together and serve with choice of chips.
Makes about 3 cups.